That is how “The Game of Life and How To Play It” begins. The game of life has rules, challenges and interaction. There are skills to be had, exercises and movements to make, and educational and psychological roles to take on.
We play this game of life alone and as a group. All are professionals and artists in this game, with remunerations to collect, creative expression to fulfill, and imaginative beauty to behold. You may ask:
What are the rules of the game of life and do I have allies in this game?
Am I truly alone in this game?
Who or what am I interacting with? my opponent?
Let's answer those questions:
1) Who's the player and who's the opponent? You.
There are skills to perfect and use, but you have them all. Choice!
The main thing to remember, as Dr. David Walker titled his book, "You Are Enough."
Here is some "Constructive Self Talk," an affirmation you can use from Dr. Walker's book to concretize that in your consciousness:
I am enough. I am more important than anything I will ever accomplish, for I am the sacred presence of life. It is with my enough-ness that I now cause my life to look the way I want it to look.2) What are the rules? It's pretty simple:
- declare what you want
- focus on what you want
- imagine that what you want is in all ways, through all of your sense, present
- be grateful for what you want as if you've already received it
- take confident action expressing what you want (this isn't just mental work)
3) What moves should I make, cards should I play? Spirituality and mindfulness.
You have all the game pieces you require:
- meditation, prayer and chanting
- yoga and communing with nature
- Radical Forgiveness and the ho'oponopono
What you can do too much of is wish or hope, try or attempt. If your sad ole story never changes, neither will your sad ole life. We must move from the land of hope and wish to the land of make believe and manifestation which turns into belief, which turns into experience.
Irrigators channel waters; fletchers straighten arrows; carpenters shape wood; the wise master themselves. ~Buddha, Dhammapada, verse 804) Is this a game of Solitaire, this Game of Life? Simple answer is no.
In the Infinite Nature of God, all conceivable Good is eternally available, ready to flow into human experience.
Nature relentlessly whispers: I am here for YOU. ~Gordana BiernatEvery hunch, intuited word or idea is your ally. If it is constructive, peaceful and loving, it is the Universe speaking, teaching and guiding you; giving you a lead for the receipt of a bonus card or a prosperous move in this game of life.
Yo might remember the story I tell about going into ministry. How it took me two weeks after the rest of my class began, to decide to join the 2 year training (took five years of training to get to be eligible for the two year ministerial training). In the 24 hours I was given after the final invitation to join the class was in progress,. I went to see the movie, "Angeles and Demons." During the closing credits, alone in this theatre, tears flowing down my cheeks, my eyes closed, I heard, "Do It." No, it wasn't a Nike commercial running on the movie screen, it was the answer to the question I was pondering that day. Well over ten years now, I decided to watch the movie again. I was wondering what could have been the influence, if any, the movie had in this "voice" of decision. When this dialogue was spoken near the end of the film, the tears returned. A memory perhaps of influence?
Cardinal Strauss: Mr. Langdon, thanks be to God for sending someone to protect this church.
Prof Langdon: I don't believe He sent me, Father
Cardinal Strauss: Oh my son, of course He did.
I never really remembered why I was so effected by this movie, but that small bit of dialogue hit me hard. A memory, a hunch, an intuition, a Divine nudge showed up, the Universe supporting my next game!
It is God's will to give every man, every righteous desire of his heart, and man's will should be used to hold the perfect vision, without wavering. ....when man takes his spiritual stand, he collects all that is his from this great Reservoir of Good. ~Florence Scovel ShinnThe Universe is ever conspiring for our highest good. With that knowledge, we can play the game fearlessly, seeing Divine Love flowing in every roll and every play, moving us towards our very best.
A Conclusion and Call to Action
Infinite Spirit, open the way for the Divine Design of my life to manifest; let the genius within me now be released; let me see clearly the perfect plan.Start today to play your game of life.
● It is a Candy Land of sweet Spiritual support where any Clue you need is available
● A game where you always have a Monopoly on your thoughts, feelings and beliefs
● The knowledge is at your feet to un-Scrabble the richest words
● There's no Battleship to fight or reason to put your body in a Twister of positions
● There is no Risk in playing or reason to feel Boggle-d, as the Universe is your ally
● The more you use the wisdom of your ally, the least amount of time you will have to say or feel Sorry
● Your Cranium, heart and gut, the Divine Matrix, will keep you out of Trouble
● You are in control of the Operation
● There will never be Angry Birds or Dungeons and Dragons in your way
● With the Universe on your side and the Law providing you Apples to Apples, you will never have a Trivial Pursuit or pull any Cards Against Humanity
● Your Call of Duty is to have some serious fun
● With all this going on, you will shout “Yahtzee” every day
Take the first roll!
Make the first move!
I recognize the Infinite that lives and expresses Its Divine nature in me, as me and through me.
I see Its Power, feel Its Love, hear Its Wisdom and am consistently guided by Its Light.
My way is through the heart-flow of Divine Intelligence and schooled by the Universal source and substance of all life.
I step joyously into my most prosperous adventure as I walk this talk, herd my Word and attract all that I now claim as mine today.