Make your own Bible. Select and collect all the words and sentences that in all your readings have been to you like the blast of a trumpet. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Who are you believing?
We cannot live in a world that is not our own, in a world that is interpreted for us by others. An interpreted world is not a home. Part of the terror is to take back our own listening, to use our own voice, to see our own light. ~Hildegard of Bingen
Do you fear to use your Light....that unseen power?
Don't be intimidated by what you don't know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else. ~Sara Blakely, founder of Spanx
When anything gets in our way of our greatest life, it is time for some Mind Candy.
Where do you get mind candy? You, of course...your thoughts, feeling, beliefs, spiritual practice, your Bible (see Emerson quote above).
Where do you put it?
If you do not run your subconscious mind yourself, someone will run it for you. ~Francis Scovel ShinnWhich leads me to the fourth question: what are you feeding your subconscious?
The subconscious mind has these eleven characteristics:
1) It is awake, alert and listening 24/7/365+. It is not bound by time, space, mood, hairline, weight, intellect.
2) Thinks in the form of images. Your words turn into images in your subconscious and all are real to it
3) Communicates with you via emotions. Your emotions, appropriate or not, positive or negative are signals from your subconscious of your beliefs and perspective of any situation. It also speaks to you in dream state. See Freud about that.
4) Stores yours memories. I understand that the temporal lobe is the storage unit for the memories, but the subconscious is where they live. Sometimes it represses them for your protection and then, later, sometimes it releases them for resolution. Fortunately or unfortunately that happens at the darndest times
5) Does not process negative words. Don't think about the elephant standing next to you. Did you see the elephant? It, like the Universe, computes what you are focusing on, so do that clearly, specifically and distinctly...what do you want!?!
6) Structures the perception of your reality. Every reaction you or interpretation you have its based on your beliefs in your subconscious mind. And sometimes it twists reality, based on your perceptions of a situation.
7) Generates, stores, distributes and transmits energy throughout your body. Have you ever felt tired after a meeting or even a lazy Sunday? That's because you mentally burned energy and that's tiring. Yet, when you burn energy exercising, though your muscles might ache, you feel energized. Your still burning energy, but the chemical reaction is different.
8) Deletes, distorts, and generalizes. Your subconscious mind will delete every bit of information it thinks is not necessary for you to pay attention to and a particular moment. When you selectively pay attention to something (focus), other sensory information is deleted. It also distorts information presented to your conscious mind in order to make it easy to understand, allowing you to make shifts experiencing the sensory data by making misrepresentations of reality. And it generalizes information presented to your conscious mind for ease in paying attention. For example, if you enter room, looking for a chair, in-stead of presenting you “wood, brown, leg, leg, big, leather” your subconscious will generalize to “chair.”
9) Takes everything personally. Did you ever notice that the way you think about someone else is a reflection of how you think of yourself? You see and attract persons into your life that reflect your biases, perspectives and even some character traits. That's your subconscious mind at work. In it lies the basis for your communication with others. Of course, your conscious mind can override these traits, but, remember, everything you think and say can be used against you or for you in the law of cause and effect.
10) Controls your habits, but wants to follow orders. The subconscious mind has a structure, a code that, though is consistent and habitual, can be changed. It's like a record album. Your copy of Led Zeppelin IV (with "Stairway to Heaven") or Pierre Boulez and The Cleveland Orchestra performing "La Mer, Nocturnes, Jeux, Rhapsodie pour clarinette et orchestre" create the same sounds consistently, because of the pattern imprinted on the vinyl. The grooves are a code that the needle reads. Now, if I take a sharp object and scratch the record, the grooves (the pattern / code) will be interrupted and the record will never play the same way again. In a similar way, our habits and mental patterns can be broken or interrupted and new ones created by using tools, such as: slapping an elastic band around your wrist (called a thought stop) or saying a certain word out loud when a negative thought pops up (“no, negate, stop”) or splashing water on your face or performing a power pose (which awakens all kinds of great chemical reactions - see Amy Cuddy's TED talk) or even doing 5 reps of an exercise. Tony Robbins is a master at this, though sometimes controversial in its execution, he shocks clients with provocative questions and other intimidation tactics to get them out of their story (a habitual comfort zone we all sometimes get stuck in), thus creating a thought stop in their subconscious and conscious minds for learning, evolution, clarity and healing.
11) Always wants more input! The subconscious mind is hunger for more, but it requires quality questions to answer for your best outcome and evolution. Ask questions like, “What’s my next best step?” You will find that the answer will be more solution-driven, enhancing the neural pathways with positive feelings, ideas and thoughts. With the Universe, as with the subconscious mind, be conscious and specific in the ask. Don't worry about the hows, just the whats. The hows will be taken care of by the Universe and you will be informed or intuited with your part in the hows....it will be in the answer.
Emotions aren't permanent, memories are not your master, beliefs are changeable, habits breakable, values can be revisited, and imagination / intuition can be re-ignited.
Busy your mind with the concepts of harmony, health, peace, and good will, and wonders will happen in you life. ~Dr. Joseph Murphy
Always ensure that you put beautiful images in your mind that will guide you through all you do. This will make you mind the gardener of good things, your subconscious mind the fertile soil. ~Felicia Pizzonia
Use affirmations, be vocally grateful for the littlest things, Breathe (not take a breath - that's involuntary [thank you subconscious mind]), get your butt in nature...all of these and more spiritual practices serve to wrangle the negative habits of your subconscious mind, in order for the conscious mind (more powerful, by the way) to change your beliefs. You know, energy flows where attention flows!
Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality. ~ Carl SaganThis is not just spirituality, this is science: see information of epigentics and neuroplasticity in my previous blogs or in the expanse of Google.
Look around less, imagine more. ~Esther HicksLike a bucket you fill, drop by drop, clear your mind, heal your heart and fill your soul (Subconscious Of Unconditional Love); drop by drop choose delicious words that create delicious images for your subconscious mind's craving for input....it's fuel for the brain.
Let your spirituality and science merge with your best mind candy....everyday!
I am fearless!
I am bold!
I dance like nobody is watching.
I sing like I'm showering in the woods.
With the lusciousness of candy, I treat my mind to only authentic, empowering, and grateful thoughts that sweeten the deal for a prosperous, loving, and vibrant life which is abundant in vitality, wisdom, humor, and beauty.
I am fearless and bold!