Tuesday, August 10, 2021

AREN'T YOU FREE YET?

Photo by Hanna Zhyhar on Unsplash

True freedom—true liberty—has something cosmic behind it.  ~Ernest Holmes


Freedom to believe what we want is not given through human law, but by Universal Law

Freedom to speak what we feel is not given to us by a human source, but by the Source and Substance of All. 

So too, the freedom to choose those words we speak, the thoughts we think, and the beliefs we hold onto are not because of a legal principle, but as our birthright...given to us by the Creative Principle that is the Universe. 

And freedom from tyranny, strife, lack, limitation, ignorance, hate, junk thinking, and old stories that no longer serve us is a choice of our mind. Viktor Frankel, whose vivid account of his experience as a prisoner in a Nazi concentration camp wrote in “Man's Search for Meaning”

Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.

The first and last human freedom is choice:

Choice to have...independence from the control of others

Choice to be...independent of the ideas that hurting or taking from others is okay

Independent from the ideas of suffering for something equals a greater worth of that something

Liberty and justice is something handed down from the Universe; not by a Supreme Being that doles out good or bad experiences like a Santa Claus figure, but by a Universal Law that reflects back into our lives experiences equal to the belief of the one or the many. That is the immutable law of the irrevocable principle of cause and effect, the use of the unifying law we each individualize, the unifying law that we all are free to use for our liberty, justice, health, happiness, and prosperity. That is possibly the greatest lesson to learn. As Dr. Holmes spoke on this day in 1947 at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles:
If our nature is one, if God is one—and we know that God must be one, for the universe cannot be divided against itself—then we are all tied into an indivisible unity. We shall have to get back to this unity to find the meaning of freedom. Nothing in any part of this cosmic whole could be considered freedom that would destroy the liberty of some other part of it. That would be self-destruction, would it not?

He reminds us on this day, July 4th, in this country of the United States of America, that it is more important we celebrate & honor our being part of the United Individuals of the Universe, an indivisible unity of shared origin...bound by good for good. Our pledge is not to a nation, but to a shared energy of origin called by many names:

God, Spirit, Holy One, Love, the Thing Itself

IT is that stuff from which our physical bodies were made; the same stuff of which the planets are made. So we declare our independence as a nation, as a people, but most importantly as E Pluribus Unum...out of the many, one.


As is my tradition on the Fourth of July, I give you the New Thought Declaration of Independence to codify and declare our freedom, our independence, with liberty and justice for all.

PLAY the above as you read the below New Thought Declaration of Independence

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one person to dissolve the bands and bonds of struggle, strife, lack, and faithlessness, which has connected them with a life that does not serve their greatest good, and to assume among the Power of the Universe, the station of Prosperity to which the Laws of Nature entitle them, a decent respect to the opinion of one who speaks in Truth requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

I hold this Truth to be self-evident, that I am created equal, that I am endowed by my Creator, that which is within me, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and Happiness. 

To secure these rights in my life, beliefs shall be instituted by me, deriving their just powers from Divine consent of the great Intelligence, my Mind and the Law of Cause and Effect. Whenever any Form of My Beliefs become destructive of these ends, it is the Right of Me to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new thoughts, new feelings, new perspectives, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing Its powers in such form, as to most likely effect my Safety, Prosperity, Health and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, dictates that Beliefs, long established, should not be changed for light and transient causes; and, accordingly, all experience has shown, that many times I am more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right myself by abolishing the beliefs to which I am accustomed that brought on the suffering. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations of my Good reveals a design to reduce Me to absolute or partial lack, it is my right, it is my duty, to throw off such Beliefs, and to provide new thoughts and feelings, new perspectives and beliefs, for my future security, prosperity, health and happiness. 

Such has been my patient sufferance; and such is now the necessity which constrains me to alter my thinking and my Beliefs from the history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having a part of the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over my happiness.

And so I now declare, with full knowledge and embodying of the One Power within, that One indestructible, absolute and self-existent Cause. With that Spirit expressing through me, which is the Unity of all life, I claim and swear to use my creative thoughts to think from that eternal goodness, that eternal loving kindness, and that eternal givingness of Divine Intelligence. To act, be, and surround myself with love, abundance, vitality and vibrancy. To think, reason, and live without the bondage of any negativity from my past, without the consciousness of “no” or the shoulda/woulda/coulda of “not yet;” without fear of a future I will create, and without any water cooler gossip or the news and opinions of CNN, MSNBC, FOX NEWS, NPR or any government or religion that may be running around in my mind like a rat in a cage, like squirrels in a whirling dervish, like chattering monkeys – invading my consciousness.

I, therefore, do, in the Name, and by Authority of my birthright as an individualization of the Source and Substance of All, solemnly publish and declare, that I Am that I AM, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent of destructive thoughts and beliefs; and that I Am that I AM, is absolved from all allegiance to negativity, and that all connection between me and the State of Lack and Limitation, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as a Free and Independent personalization of God, I engage my full Power to levy Peace, Prosperity, and Love in my life from this day, forward. 

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection and Power of the Divine Intelligence within, I pledge to my Life and sacred Honor.

Similar to how John Hancock and the other Founding Fathers did in 1776, sign your name in the air, and proclaim your independence.


And now please join me in our Affirmative Incantation for the week as we know together:

Freedom is not a question, Freedom is an answer!
I answer, “why can I have prosperity in my life?” 

With, “Because I am free!”

I answer, “why will I have vitality and vibrancy in my body?” 

With, “Because I am unbound!” 

I answer, “Why will I have love, kindness, and respect in my life?”

With, “Because I have freedom!”

I have the freedom to choose my thoughts, choose my beliefs, and choose my actions. And today I choose to have the feelings and imagination to support my prosperity, health, and love with powerful, full-bodied, full-hearted, clear, and fearless actions.

Oh say I can see, by the dawn's early light,
My gifts and talents manifesting into fabulous experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment